Sunday, September 9, 2012

Make It Monday # 81: Clay Embellishments

For my last MIM challenge I decided to make a gift card holder that you can stick inside a card or on a card.  I used one of the butterfly dies to cut out my clay, baked it and embellished it with some rhinestones. I used the seed packet die for the pocket in terracotta tile and scored it for texture. I then inked up a white mat stack #4 die cut with some Tim Holtz Squeezed Lemonade and Wild Honey to get the color I wanted. Stamped some grass/stems from Botanical Silhouettes in New Leaf and stuck the butterfly on right in the middle. 

If you look closely you can see that my clay has some bubbles in it. I think my oven may have been too hot. Anyone else had this happen?? The clay darkened a bit on this one too.  I still like the end result though.  Thanks for stopping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment