Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Papertrey March Blog Hop Challenge and Button Storage

First things first:

Today I am joining the Blog Hop over at Papertrey Ink.

Here is the Challenge Photo:

The-Challenge
March-Blog-Hop-Inspiration


Here is what I came up with for today:
This card is for the Blog Hop as well as the Make It Monday
 Betsy Veldman does a great tutorial on how to make your own cover plate of sorts, just by using the dies you already have.  I knew I wanted to use my tea cup and emboss them(high gloss for the HOP) but just wasn't sure how.

I followed what she said to do and made my coverplate by moving my tea cup around the paper and passing it through my Vagabond a gazillion times! No, not that many, it actually went pretty fast.  

I used the post it note to hold my die in place. The stickiness from the post it note took the coating off my die, weird. It chipped off just like paint would. It doesn't matter to me. I just thought I'd mention it incase anyone might have an issue with this. It's all shiny now.   

So, then I secured my cut up paper into place with removable adhesive so I could stamp my tea cups. After I stamped them in the PTI colors I wanted, I restamped over everything with Versamark. I then heat embossed them with clear embossing powder.  I tried to get a better shot of this here, it looks so much better than the picture.     

After this step I decided the "cover plate" was a bit too white so I stamped it with Background Basic: Twinkle in Aqua Mist which seemed to finish it off a little more.



I also wanted to share my button storage with you today. I have been working on what works for me in the storage department and this is how I store my buttons and I LOVE it!!
Thanks to the White Cow Dairy, for the jars, awesome yogurt by the way!!

The lids of the jars are screwed into the bottom of my shelf. These yogurt jars are the perfect size for a bag of buttons. Sometimes I have to really shake the jar to make them fit, or take out a large button or two.
I am currently working on storage of my dies and stamps and I hope to post some of these pictures soon. Stamp Storage Folders from Hobby Lobby is the route I took but that's all I will say for now.

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!

17 comments:

  1. Oh, this looks so cool! Great job combining the two challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your card! The tea cups are so cute and your embossing is fantastic! I also love your button storage. I have an addiction to buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great design with all the cut out tea cups!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully glossed teacups. So porcelain like. And your organized buttons are a dream. So colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super cute card with the tea cups Jennifer :) Love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to stamp the raised panel and love all the tea cups. Such a fab, unique card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous- I just love all those teacups!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How totally cute! Love your card and your jars too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your take on the MIM - stamping the cover panel adds a little extra charm to the card! The rainbow of button jars is practical & beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool, great take on Betsy's tutorial, and I love the shiny teacups!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colors you used on your tea cups. They make a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty card :-)

    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A twofer!!! Cute take on both challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a FUN card! Love those teacups!!
    Happy Hopping!!
    Have a GREAT day!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute-love the teacups! This happy card just jumped out at me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great take on the cover plate challenge! You inspire me to want those tea cups!! : )

    ReplyDelete