Monday, October 6, 2014

Make It Monday # 182: Mason Jar Stamping-Third and final

So, it seems like it's been FOREVER since I posted anything and, well....it has!  I have been caught up in one thing or another and just have not found the time to get crafty until this weekend.


I really wanted to try the Make It Monday this week over at Nichole's Blog.

Melissa shows us how to stamp on mason jars.  I've been wanting to try a few different things with this technique but have not gotten around to it before now. Thank you Melissa!!!!  You inspired me so, this week!!  Here is one of the jars she made:



Mimglassjarsstamping_meliphillips1



I really wanted to try chalk paint but I was not about to pay the price because I wanted so many different colors. I did a little looking around the internet and found this post here on DIY chalk paint. I have lots of acrylics so I bought a tub of plaster of paris and now I can make my own. It was very simple and I am happy with the results. And so much more cost effective, especially when you already have the paint!!

I have a nephew that just got a teaching job this year and I wanted to make him something for his classroom.  I've been wanting to do this since I found out he got the job!  Thank you again to Melissa for getting my butt moving on this!
So, here are the finished results:

I sanded the paint on this one a bit and then stamped some Tim Holtz number stamps in Staz-on ink in black. Finished it off with a junk bow and a die cut apple from Apple Prints that was stamped with "Homemade just for YOU" from Teacher's Apple.

Hope you like it! Thanks for stopping by today!!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous jar...I love that bright yellow and so perfect as a teacher gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great jen! Will have to try this myself at some point...

    ReplyDelete