Saturday, July 19, 2014

Make It Monday # 172: Rainbow Medallions

I had so much fun playing around with my stamps and colors for this MIM Challenge over at Nichole's Blog. Dawn shows us how to create rainbow medallions and it was fun to experiment with different shaped stamps and a variety of colors.  This is the card I created after many different experiments.

I stamped the peapod from Baby Button Bits using the technique Dawn showed us
and then embossed my image with a doily die from Prima that I just love.
I made my own button of sorts by stamping a stitch line from Button Boutique over
and over using the same color inks I used in my medallion and then die cut a circle out of the 
stamped image. I finished it off with a clear dome. I used washi tape at the bottom and stamped
the Smile sentiment from Latte Love with staz-on ink.

That's all for now. Enjoy your weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Perfect stamp choice for the technique & I love embossing over stamped images. Would you believe I had planned to do that, too, but my card ended up too big for my embossing folders. Thanks for stopping by my blog--I really appreciate it, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Greta...this stamp is so perfect for this challenge and your totally rocked it. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet idea to use the Peapod as your rainbow, Jennifer. AND that doily is just beautiful! Great card for this technique.

    ReplyDelete