Sunday, October 5, 2014

Make It Monday # 182: Mason Jar Stamping-Take Two

So, it seems like it's been FOREVER since I posted anything and, well....it has!  I have been caught up in one thing or another and just have not found the time to get crafty until this weekend.


I really wanted to try the Make It Monday this week over at Nichole's Blog.

Melissa shows us how to stamp on mason jars.  I've been wanting to try a few different things with this technique but have not gotten around to it before now. Thank you Melissa!!!!  You inspired me so, this week!!  Here is one of the jars she made:



Mimglassjarsstamping_meliphillips1


Here is my second take. I did things a bit differently and instead of painting the outside of the jar, I painted the inside. I just dripped black and white paint around the neck of the jar and let it do the work for me. 
 I then stamped the outside of the jar with the spider from the Fall Friendship Jar Fillers  with Staz-on ink in black. I found that I was able to control the stamp a bit more by sticking it to my finger and stamping it that way. It was small enough so. it worked very well.

Another shot

.

  I really liked the way this came out. I think with the paint on the inside and the spiders on the outside, it gives it more dimension.

I originally planned to leave more unpainted areas and put some spiders and webbing inside the jar but I was having so much fun, I just kept going.

The last one:


Thanks for stopping and all your comments!!



2 comments:

  1. WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!! Totally LOVING your SWEET Jar Design and your take on the Challenge!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing...just one amazing jar. I love all your sweet little spiders too, so fun.

    ReplyDelete