Tuesday, October 11, 2011

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/make-it-monday-36-faux-watercoloring-participants.html

WOW! It's only Tuesday and here is my MIM! You can find the challenge here:   http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/make-it-monday-36-faux-watercoloring-participants.html
We were challenged to use a water brush over our stamped image to create a faux watercolor look. I did this to my background stamps. I love this time of year so I tend to go to the same colors but I still love the end result. I have also been challenging myself to Reuse, Reduce and Recycle. Here's what I did:

I started by inking my background with Tim Holtz distress inks: Rusty Hinge, Wild Honey, Crushed Olive,
and Fired brick. I then used Turning A New Leaf (Papertrey Ink) to stamp the background. and did the faux watercolor technique. I used Terracotta Tile and Spring Moss PTI paper for the leaves which I cut out with a Tattered Leaves die by Tim Holtz. Crinkled them and inked them and then layered them with leaves that
were also cut with the same leaf die of various produce bags I've been saving.(Onions, nectarines and lemons). It took some patience to run these through my xyron CAREFULLY and adhere them to my crinkled, inked leaves. A little sticky! Adhered the leaves in only a couple spots so they wouldn't be flat on the card.. I then used Just the Ticket(PTI) stamp set and die for the sentiment and adhered it over some washi tape a friend had given me. Thanks Jen!! 

Any questions?  Let me know and I love to read your comments!!  Thanks for stopping!

3 comments:

  1. So glad we can celebrate fall with these beautiful colors! Thanks for the inspiring card, it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice fall card. Love the leaves and all that texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Lots of great techniques in this card! I love all the texture you achieved in the leaves and the beautiful distressing :)

    ReplyDelete