Sunday, January 29, 2012

Make It Monday #50: Shaker Card Birthday

Another shaker card. My idea for this card was to use the shaker as a keepsake for the recipient. My nephew will be nine on the 31st so he will be able to remove the shaker and keep it as a memento. I embossed the front with a star embossing folder by Sizzix and used Tag Sale 3(I think) from PTI. I had a scrap of Fancy Pants PP that was striped and went well with the colors. I added sparkly stars on the inside for the shaker stuff.   After making this I realized that If I used the wine bottle die(PTI) that I could use it as a pocket of sorts that the shaker would slide in and out.

So, here it is in the pocket.

And here it is out of the pocket. If time was on my side I would stitch around the pocket but leave about 1/2 in of paper for room to slide.  Off to the party and yes, I tend to wait until the last minute.  Thanks for looking!! 

2 comments:

  1. very clever...I like it! and a great way to use those numbers! What young person doesn't like shaking cards up a bit?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE THE CARD AND THE IDEA. I'M GONNA HAVE TO TRY THIS!!!

    ReplyDelete