Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Mr. Bones' Spook Out #2



I wanted to try out some ghostly goodies with some rice paper because I made veggie spring
rolls the other day and I thought what a great way to make a ghost!  I do think they came out
super cute but not as good to eat. This is what I did:

1. Stuck marshmallow on a stick. Brushed the rice paper with some warm water mixed
with a bit of vanilla extract and some sugar.( Once the rice paper gets saturated it quickly
gets limp and sticky so you have to work kinda quick).
2. Sprinkled wet rice paper with Cupcake Gems in Shimmer white sugar made by Cakemate.
3. Draped the wet sprinkle covered rice paper over the marshmallow on the stick. Let it dry.
4. Drew on a face with Wilton Sparkle Gel and that was it. Tied on a Tiny Tag with some
bakers twine and I was done.

The true test was my daughter when she ate it. The rice paper was a bit chewy but she didn't
mind much. Then she had a second and ate all the sugar off, pulled off the rice paper and ate
the marshmallow. I agreed that the rice paper was a bit too chewy and hard to eat not to mention
it did not taste great. 
Anyway, it was fun and we enjoyed making them!!

Here is a close up of one of the ghosts below:
 If anyone has any suggestions on how to make this a little tastier or a better idea please leave me a comment!! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. these marshmellow ghosts are simply adorable. Very creative using the rice paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so creative, they look yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete