Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Make It Monday #210: Using Vellum to Soften Patterns

I needed to get going on my Mother's Day card so I sat down to play with some Palette ink and a daisy stamp set called Hello Sunshine from Hero Arts.  After I got going, I thought it would look much better if I added some vellum as to soften it a bit and this Make It Monday Mother's Day card
was born. My MISTI assisted me of course! Here she is:
Lizzie has some great tips and I think I need to get some 3m
 vellum tape since you can spot the adhesive !
Overall, I was quite happy with the outcome.

Supplies: PTI: Tucked In: Mother, Royal Velvet CS
Palette Hybrid Ink: Belle Rose, L'Amore Red, Claret, Bordeaux, & Lavender Sachet.
Hero Arts: Hello Sunshine, clear embossing Powder
Avery Elle Pigment ink in Sugar Plum
Vellum and Simon Says Stamp:Stitched Rectangles

Have a Fabulous Day and Thanks for stopping!!

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty! love your floral border!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty Jennifer! Love the plums you used! So rich and vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the sweetest Mother's Day card. I love all your beautiful flowers and your sentiment is so just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your design with the flowers surrounding your wonderful sentiment! those flowers really are gorgeous and beautiful colors! the vellum adds such a nice soft effect to the card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! Love the colors you used and how the flowers frame your sentiment...lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, Jennifer! Your stitched vellum is wonderful over the beautiful blooms and verse! The flowers are so vibrant and warm that your mom will not notice the bit of adhesive. She will cherish this always!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete