Friday, October 12, 2012

Make It Monday #86: Inside Edition

Today I am looking for a little feedback. As you can see this card is different on each side.

I prefer the right side with the pine branch stamped around the side and framing the sentiment. I am making moving announcements and I wanted to see what everyone thought. The inside is not perfected and I didn't fill in the new address but I thought everyone could figure out where it was going.   I don't think I really like the line of houses but I'm still not sure. I used Mat Stack 1 and a wood grain texture plate. "Hello" stamp by Paper Studio and "we've moved" from Close To My Heart. The trees and pine branch are by Tim Holtz.

I figured I'd enter this into the MIM for the week. I did two other cards for the challenge earlier in the week and sent them off in the mail. Didn't I forget to take pictures of them! Oh well, at least I got them in the mail!  The challenge was to step up the inside of the card with stamps, borders, paper or whatever else to enhance the inside of your card.  Anyway, here is the inside of mine.


                                  

I appreciate your comments and thanks for stopping by today!!

4 comments:

  1. I actually like the pine trees. It gives a nice vertical element on a horizontal card and picks up on the vertical ll's in hello. Also, it might be fun to have those pine trees inside with the row of houses stamped over top of them. Its a great start!!! Have fun!! xo Evie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like the trees a little better and my only suggestion for the inside is to do one house in a slightly different shade/color making it "your" house KWIM? Have fun - love the color palette you are working with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like what you did with the pine trees as well, is that generation stamping? (We are all so stamping educated!) Use the boughs on the inside. Great thinking, Jacquie, with the one house a different color.

    ReplyDelete