Sunday, October 21, 2012

Rickety Old House lantern

I first want to tell you that the quality of this picture is terrible and I apologize.
Another project for the celebration going on over at The Play Date Cafe . Having a ball with this!

The color is Aged Mahogony by Tim Holtz and it really looks awesome but you can't really tell.  Anyway, I die cut some card stock(grunge paper was an after thought) with the Rickety House by Tim Holtz. Embossed it with a brick Texture Fade. Inked it up and used a bit of Black Soot around the edges. Secured it around a battery operated tea light. Tied a bunch of twine together for some smoke and stapled it in place(with tiny attacher) and glued the chimney together. I die cut the letters out for the MIM challenge and then stamped them using blueberry Sky ink which came out like a true navy blue. Added some googly eyes and that was all.
Sits on the table all crooked too! I really like the way it turned out. I may make more of these with Grunge paper so they will hold up a bit longer. Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...this is soooooo fun! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete