Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Play Date Cafe challenge # 154

Happy 3rd Anniversary to The Play Date Cafe!!  I just stumbled across this Blog recently and I want to start participating in more challenges so here's my chance! They are having a great celebration so hop on over!!!

Here's the inspiration photo:


and.........
This week's suggested colors
are great for Halloween
and all the beautiful autumn inspiration around us . . .
Flame ... Grape ... Mulberry

So here's the tag I made today:
I love the limited edition Distress Inks that Tim Holtz
came out with last year. Ripe Persimmon, Gathered Twigs
and Seedless Preserves. Great colors for this challenge.

I heat embossed the "JS" with Ripe Persimmon and colored up my
tag really well. Then you iron off the embossed image onto
newsprint. It's an awesome technique that Tim taught in his
Creative Chemistry 101. It really makes the lighter color pop!
I finished it off with some orange twine, a little tag from Paper-
trey Ink. That about does it everyone. It's been fun. Hope to see you again!!



 

5 comments:

  1. What a terrific tag! It's so great to see you play along with us and we are uber-glad you found our challenge! It's a BIG celebration week, so make sure to visit us each day : ) Great to have you in The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tag looks fantastic! I love the heat embossing! Thank you for playing along with The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun tag! I love the twine you used and the embossing is awesome! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute (and scary) tag:):)!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great tag...love all the twine! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete