Friday, October 19, 2012

Make It Monday # 87: Stamping Alphabets with Die Cuts

Well,  I finally accomplished this card for Make It Monday over at Nicholes' Blog.

Heather hosted this week with some great tips to boot, thanks Heather!!


I began having issues with my glimmer mist. I tried three different bottles,
all of which were clogged so I tried a few different options and hated everything. During this time, I spilled half a bottle on the kitchen floor trying to unclog the sprayer. Flung a cap under the stove to find out the dust bunnies were having a ball under there-it's been a while since I cleaned under that baby!!

I didn't think I was meant to craft today but in the end, it all worked out and I did get a baby card out of the deal. This will hop in the mail tomorrow for a college friend that I haven't seen in years but Congrats to you Jules!

Oh, and I didn't even mention any of the issues I had making the stamps! I don't think I had my head screwed on right today. I just couldn't seem to get it right. I think after about the 5th run through my vagabond did I finally get the adhesive on the correct side and everything cut properly and all the way through! I used a quickutz cookie cutter alphabet. (I think it was the Recycle set). I also used a sizzix embossing folder but everything else is PTI in blueberry sky and Spring Rain.

                                                         

Thanks so much for stopping by today!!

Jen

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about your awful day, it happens to all of us, especially in the craft world. Too many opportunities to spill something! But your card I'd darling. Your friend will love it. The diamond pattern gives it a neat texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww sweet baby card, Jen! It is adorable in spite of the disastrous start.
    PS: Don't fret, we all have been there/done that with spilling "stuff". Thankfully, I have a wall oven but my refrigerator~well, that's a whole other dust bunny playground :-D

    ReplyDelete